Driehaus Capital Management is a privately held investment management firm that manages global, emerging markets, US growth equity and alternative investment strategies. The firm has a diverse institutional client base comprised of corporate and public pensions, endowments, foundations, sub-advisory, family offices, wealth managers and financial advisors, globally.
We are seeking an Analyst with 1-3 years of fundamental growth equity experience to support our Emerging Markets equity investment strategies. Primary responsibilities:
- Researches and evaluates new investment ideas for assigned portfolios which meet investment objectives and portfolio requirements.
- Analyzing markets, competitive positioning, industry publications, data releases, regulatory events, earnings reports, published research and technical factors.
- Prepares written reports for Portfolio Manager review which includes investment ideas and reasons supporting ideas based on analysis of relevant factors.
- Recommends stocks to purchase within the assigned area(s).
- Conducts research on existing holdings to determine whether or not they continue to meet stated investment objectives and recommends changes in holdings if no longer compatible with investment objectives.
- Assesses fundamental and technical trends within the assigned area(s) to generate appropriate investment ideas and contribute to asset allocation decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Investment professional with 1-3 years of fundamental growth equity research experience (buy-side experience preferred).
- Demonstrated interest in investment management and Emerging Markets.
- Familiarity or experience with healthcare/biotech sectors is a plus.
- Knowledge of investment analysis, geographic regions, industry sectors and markets.
- Passion for growth investing and demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in equity research.
- Familiarity with using either Factset or Bloomberg is preferred.
- Ability to communicate ideas in logical succinct manner, strong presentation skills, decisive, curious and willingness to learn.
- High impact individual who is able to think independently, make decisions quickly, and has the confidence and drive to be successful.
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus.
Interested candidates must send a cover letter and resume to HR@Driehaus.com and reference job code [EMA] when applying.