We are seeking an Operations Specialist to work with our Complex Securities Manager in supporting the daily operations for our credit strategies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring portfolios on a daily basis to ensure that transactions are appropriately booked and reconciled.
- Comparing portfolio management team intended trade details to executed trades per broker confirmations.
- Booking trade details for all credit strategy trading activity. Security types include the following, both foreign and domestic: equities, bonds, swaps (credit default, index), options, bank loans, futures and FX (forwards/spots).
- Monitoring credit strategy trades through the settlement process and resolving trade mismatches or potential fails.
- Reconciling the credit funds daily by utilizing the fund accountant, the custodian bank, and the firm’s portfolio accounting system (Advent Geneva).
- Acting as the liaison between Driehaus and key counterparties such as prime brokers, custodians and fund accountants.
- Confirming price validity of all positions daily, working with portfolio managers and the Driehaus Pricing Committee to resolve discrepancies.
- Monitoring and maintaining all aspects of margin reporting from the prime broker systems on a daily basis, including initiating wires and pledge movements.
- Processing all corporate actions for the credit funds in the firm’s portfolio accounting system (Advent Geneva).
- Processing and executing any spot FX transactions needed to clear foreign securities using FXall.
- Creating and maintaining documented methods and procedures for all credit operations related functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance preferred) with 1-3 years of experience in Operations with knowledge of fixed income, credit and/or derivative products (e.g. bonds, swaps, bank loans, asset/mortgage backed securities, options, futures, FX, etc.).
- Very detail-oriented, excellent math aptitude and ability to focus in a busy, energetic environment.
- Securities industry experience and back office operations knowledge preferred.
- Team player and collaborator with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- High impact individual who is able to think independently, make decisions quickly, and have the confidence and drive to be successful.
- Experience with Advent Geneva, FXall, ClearPar, ICE Link, and MarkitWire a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume detailing fixed income operations experience to HR@Driehaus.com. Reference job code [OSC] when applying.